Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    Got to wondering where all the body fluids go when they embalm someone? Do they just go down the drain? If so that's sick and kinda weird.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    They are put in a "bio-waste" drum and sent to a hazardous waste incinerator.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    So they just mix everybody together? Dont know why I got to thinking about it? Just got to wondering tho. I think it started when I was thinking about embalming folks with HIV or AIDs and hep and stuff
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    When people say they dont want to be cremated or dont want to donate organs because they don't want 'mutilate' their dead body and want to be "whole" I ask them if they plan on being embalmed. When they say 'of course I do' I launch into the detailed description of the embalming process. After that organ donation doesnt seem quite so 'mutilating.'
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    Im gonna take the David Cross approach to my body when I die.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anybody ever work at a funeral home?

    Who's going to have a GG Allin funeral? Lol. That dude was insane, I watched some of that funeral on youtube, been trying to find the documentary but can't. I don't understand why everyone isn't an organ donor, really, its pretty stupid to decline it. It could help a lot of people or maybe just one, I'd definitely want anything that could be used from me after I'm gone to save someones life. I don't understand it at all, some people are just dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •